Sunday, March 12, 2017

Flea Market Score

Yesterday, Division 7 of the NMRA held its annual Spring Flea Market and Trade Show. It's always well attended and offers a great opportunity to pick up some slightly used equipment. John Miller was there selling some of his excess stuff and I was able to get an Atlas U36C in K&LE paint. The photos below shows the new loco on the home rails.

























































This unit will be used on grain train run-throughs once a new decoder has been installed. It will be great to have some K&LE power on the railroad.

John also had a U30C for sale at a great price and I just couldn't resist the temptation to add another one to the loco roster. A quick trip through the paint shop and the addition of a new decoder and this loco will be ready for service.






























All in all, a successful trip to the flea market!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Tom,

    My name is Robert Thomson and I am the content guy for Model Trains for Beginners (modeltrainsforbeginners.com). I would like to a blog article about your blog and your model railroad. I would love to use some photos of your layout with the article and ask you a few questions. Could you email me at RobertMTFB@gmail.com, please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robert,

    I sent you an e-mail at the address above last week. Let me know if you didn't get it.

    Tom Patterson

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice score Tom just need some high hoods roaming around

    ReplyDelete